Today, the most common and convenient way of keeping clean is by taking a shower as it consumes less water yet offers you a thorough clean. Another important point is showering takes less time than bathing. Some people have electric shower with a cubicle, while others have it over the bath. Some people get a cheaper alternative by connecting a hose and head to the taps.
While the shower is an important asset in your home, issues such as leaks on showers are inevitable. If leaks occur on the shower, get them fixed immediately in order to protect your property from further damage and restore the previous working condition of your shower. The sooner you get your shower leak repair, the better it is.
Common Causes of the Leaks
• The most common cause is the damage in the washer used inside the shower faucet. If it gets old with usage, it gets damaged and water comes out through it.
• Another common cause of the leak can be the poor sealant. If it weakens with time, it allows water through, and thereby causing a severe leak on the shower.
• The electric box or the hose can also be a major spot where leaks can occur frequently.
Repairing the Leaks
As I’ve told earlier, the quicker you have your leaking shower repair, the better it is for your entire home and property-space.
• If the washer is damaged, unscrew the head and replace the washer with a new and perfectly fitting one. This is easy and cheap.
• When the sealant weakens and causes the leaks, get your appliance resealed and fix the issue.
• If the hose has leaks, you can also replace it quite easily. And in case of the electric box, you should call a plumber. A professional waterproofing company like SealMasters ACT can come in handy too. It offers quality and thorough leaking shower repair services at reasonable price.